SC issues notice on Italian marines` plea to return to Italy
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday issued notice to the Centre on a petition by two Italian marines seeking the court`s nod to travel back to their country to exercise their franchise in the ongoing elections in Italy.
The apex court bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir issued the notice as Senior Counsel Harish Salve sought four weeks` permission for the Italian marines to go back to their country.
The court said the matter would be listed Friday by which time the centre would respond to the marines` plea.
The petition seeking permission to go back home for four weeks has been moved by Italian marines Chief Master Sergeant Massimilano Latorre and Sergeant Salvatore Girone.
The two Italian marines on board the Italian cargo vessel Enrica Lexie had shot dead two Indian fishermen Feb 15 last year, suspecting them to be pirates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself