SC issues notice on Italian marines` plea to return to Italy
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday issued notice to the Centre on a petition by two Italian marines seeking the court`s nod to travel back to their country to exercise their franchise in the ongoing elections in Italy.
The apex court bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir issued the notice as Senior Counsel Harish Salve sought four weeks` permission for the Italian marines to go back to their country.
The court said the matter would be listed Friday by which time the centre would respond to the marines` plea.
The petition seeking permission to go back home for four weeks has been moved by Italian marines Chief Master Sergeant Massimilano Latorre and Sergeant Salvatore Girone.
The two Italian marines on board the Italian cargo vessel Enrica Lexie had shot dead two Indian fishermen Feb 15 last year, suspecting them to be pirates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened