SC issues notice on Italian marines` plea to return to Italy
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday issued notice to the Centre on a petition by two Italian marines seeking the court`s nod to travel back to their country to exercise their franchise in the ongoing elections in Italy.
The apex court bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir issued the notice as Senior Counsel Harish Salve sought four weeks` permission for the Italian marines to go back to their country.
The court said the matter would be listed Friday by which time the centre would respond to the marines` plea.
The petition seeking permission to go back home for four weeks has been moved by Italian marines Chief Master Sergeant Massimilano Latorre and Sergeant Salvatore Girone.
The two Italian marines on board the Italian cargo vessel Enrica Lexie had shot dead two Indian fishermen Feb 15 last year, suspecting them to be pirates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...