SC issues notice on Italian marines` plea to return to Italy
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday issued notice to the Centre on a petition by two Italian marines seeking the court`s nod to travel back to their country to exercise their franchise in the ongoing elections in Italy.
The apex court bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir issued the notice as Senior Counsel Harish Salve sought four weeks` permission for the Italian marines to go back to their country.
The court said the matter would be listed Friday by which time the centre would respond to the marines` plea.
The petition seeking permission to go back home for four weeks has been moved by Italian marines Chief Master Sergeant Massimilano Latorre and Sergeant Salvatore Girone.
The two Italian marines on board the Italian cargo vessel Enrica Lexie had shot dead two Indian fishermen Feb 15 last year, suspecting them to be pirates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing
- LIC to fill posts for 2 MDs; yet to name chairman
- Wild elephant tramples farmer to death in Coimbatore
- CID team visits Murshidabad hospital after two women killed in fire