SC issues notice to CBI on Pappu Yadav`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Supreme Court (SC) on Monday asked CBI to respond to a plea by former RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav seeking bail.
Pappu Yadav is serving life imprisonment for his involvement in the murder of Bihar CPI (M) MLA and trade union leader, Ajit Sarkar.
An Apex Court bench headed by Justice Altamash Kabir issued notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) after senior counsel RS Sodhi, appearing for Yadav, told the court that his client was still in jail while the other accused in the murder case who had actually pulled the trigger had been granted bail.
The court was told that Pappu Yadav had already undergone ten years` imprisonment and was very sick, necessitating treatment in New Delhi.
The CBI has two weeks to respond to the notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note