SC notice to Centre, states over milk adulteration
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday issued notices to the centre and five states over the large scale adulteration of milk and its related products.
The apex court notice has been sent to Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi, Punjab and Uttrakhand government besides centre and a status report had been sought on the purity of milk being supplied to the state’s market by all co-operatives societies and milk federations.
The move comes in response to a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed in the apex court in this regard.
Owing to increasing public outcry against large-scale adulteration of milk, several PILs have been filed in the state high courts in various states including Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and odisha.
In their petition, the complainants have highlighted the alarming portions of mass adulteration of milk that is consumed by normal household and sought urgent attention of the judiciary in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video