SC notice to Centre, states over milk adulteration
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday issued notices to the centre and five states over the large scale adulteration of milk and its related products.
The apex court notice has been sent to Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi, Punjab and Uttrakhand government besides centre and a status report had been sought on the purity of milk being supplied to the state’s market by all co-operatives societies and milk federations.
The move comes in response to a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed in the apex court in this regard.
Owing to increasing public outcry against large-scale adulteration of milk, several PILs have been filed in the state high courts in various states including Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and odisha.
In their petition, the complainants have highlighted the alarming portions of mass adulteration of milk that is consumed by normal household and sought urgent attention of the judiciary in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan