SC notice to West Bengal on Nandigram firing
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued a notice to the West Bengal government on a petition by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) seeking to proceed against police officers who were found guilty of the Nandigram firing in 2007.
The Calcutta High Court had ordered the CBI probe which was challenged by the state government before the apex court. The apex court then asked the investigating agency to complete the investigation but not to launch prosecution of the officers prima facie found guilty.
The notice was issued by the apex court bench headed by Justice RV Raveendran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand