SC notice to West Bengal on Nandigram firing
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued a notice to the West Bengal government on a petition by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) seeking to proceed against police officers who were found guilty of the Nandigram firing in 2007.
The Calcutta High Court had ordered the CBI probe which was challenged by the state government before the apex court. The apex court then asked the investigating agency to complete the investigation but not to launch prosecution of the officers prima facie found guilty.
The notice was issued by the apex court bench headed by Justice RV Raveendran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price