`SC observations confirm Ashwani altered report`
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday said the Supreme Court`s "serious observations" in the CBI case relating to coalgate involving Law Minister Ashwani Kumar confirmed that the probe report on the scam was changed by the minister and demanded his resignation.
Soon after the Supreme Court`s observations were made, Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj said on Twitter "ASG (Additional Solicitor General) blamed Attorney General. Now Attorney General blames Law Minister. The fact is all three of them have misconducted themselves."
"ASG has resigned. Attorney General and Law Minister should also resign forthwith," she added.
The BJP cited the submissions made by the ASG and AG to insist that it is clear Kumar made changes in the report.
The Supreme Court observed that CBI has become like a parrot which repeats the lines of its political masters.
"The Supreme Court has observed that the case has been diluted and heart of the report has been changed," senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters. He said this case vindicates BJP`s charge that government is misusing CBI.
"It is also using CBI to harass political parties. This government is surviving due to CBI," Naidu said in an oblique reference to reported misuse of the premier agency against SP and BSP whose presidents are facing charges of accummulating assets disproportionate to known sources of their income. These cases are being probed by CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- S Korea offers Tokyo-funded money to 'comfort women'
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery