`SC observations confirm Ashwani altered report`
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday said the Supreme Court`s "serious observations" in the CBI case relating to coalgate involving Law Minister Ashwani Kumar confirmed that the probe report on the scam was changed by the minister and demanded his resignation.
Soon after the Supreme Court`s observations were made, Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj said on Twitter "ASG (Additional Solicitor General) blamed Attorney General. Now Attorney General blames Law Minister. The fact is all three of them have misconducted themselves."
"ASG has resigned. Attorney General and Law Minister should also resign forthwith," she added.
The BJP cited the submissions made by the ASG and AG to insist that it is clear Kumar made changes in the report.
The Supreme Court observed that CBI has become like a parrot which repeats the lines of its political masters.
"The Supreme Court has observed that the case has been diluted and heart of the report has been changed," senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters. He said this case vindicates BJP`s charge that government is misusing CBI.
"It is also using CBI to harass political parties. This government is surviving due to CBI," Naidu said in an oblique reference to reported misuse of the premier agency against SP and BSP whose presidents are facing charges of accummulating assets disproportionate to known sources of their income. These cases are being probed by CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why