`SC observations confirm Ashwani altered report`
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday said the Supreme Court`s "serious observations" in the CBI case relating to coalgate involving Law Minister Ashwani Kumar confirmed that the probe report on the scam was changed by the minister and demanded his resignation.
Soon after the Supreme Court`s observations were made, Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj said on Twitter "ASG (Additional Solicitor General) blamed Attorney General. Now Attorney General blames Law Minister. The fact is all three of them have misconducted themselves."
"ASG has resigned. Attorney General and Law Minister should also resign forthwith," she added.
The BJP cited the submissions made by the ASG and AG to insist that it is clear Kumar made changes in the report.
The Supreme Court observed that CBI has become like a parrot which repeats the lines of its political masters.
"The Supreme Court has observed that the case has been diluted and heart of the report has been changed," senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters. He said this case vindicates BJP`s charge that government is misusing CBI.
"It is also using CBI to harass political parties. This government is surviving due to CBI," Naidu said in an oblique reference to reported misuse of the premier agency against SP and BSP whose presidents are facing charges of accummulating assets disproportionate to known sources of their income. These cases are being probed by CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda