`SC observations confirm Ashwani altered report`
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday said the Supreme Court`s "serious observations" in the CBI case relating to coalgate involving Law Minister Ashwani Kumar confirmed that the probe report on the scam was changed by the minister and demanded his resignation.
Soon after the Supreme Court`s observations were made, Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj said on Twitter "ASG (Additional Solicitor General) blamed Attorney General. Now Attorney General blames Law Minister. The fact is all three of them have misconducted themselves."
"ASG has resigned. Attorney General and Law Minister should also resign forthwith," she added.
The BJP cited the submissions made by the ASG and AG to insist that it is clear Kumar made changes in the report.
The Supreme Court observed that CBI has become like a parrot which repeats the lines of its political masters.
"The Supreme Court has observed that the case has been diluted and heart of the report has been changed," senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters. He said this case vindicates BJP`s charge that government is misusing CBI.
"It is also using CBI to harass political parties. This government is surviving due to CBI," Naidu said in an oblique reference to reported misuse of the premier agency against SP and BSP whose presidents are facing charges of accummulating assets disproportionate to known sources of their income. These cases are being probed by CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks