SC order on Thomas not blow to PM: Congress
New Delhi: The ruling Congress Thursday said the Supreme Court decision to strike down the appointment of PJ Thomas as central vigilance commissioner (CVC) was not a blow to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the party would study the order.
"We will discuss the Supreme Court order on the CVC appointment. It`s not a blow to the prime minister, we will judge the decision," said Congress leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi.
The apex court Thursday set aside the appointment of Thomas CVC for his alleged involvement in a corruption case, exactly six months after he was appointed to the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH