SC order on Thomas not blow to PM: Congress
New Delhi: The ruling Congress Thursday said the Supreme Court decision to strike down the appointment of PJ Thomas as central vigilance commissioner (CVC) was not a blow to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the party would study the order.
"We will discuss the Supreme Court order on the CVC appointment. It`s not a blow to the prime minister, we will judge the decision," said Congress leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi.
The apex court Thursday set aside the appointment of Thomas CVC for his alleged involvement in a corruption case, exactly six months after he was appointed to the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr