SC order on Thomas not blow to PM: Congress
New Delhi: The ruling Congress Thursday said the Supreme Court decision to strike down the appointment of PJ Thomas as central vigilance commissioner (CVC) was not a blow to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the party would study the order.
"We will discuss the Supreme Court order on the CVC appointment. It`s not a blow to the prime minister, we will judge the decision," said Congress leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi.
The apex court Thursday set aside the appointment of Thomas CVC for his alleged involvement in a corruption case, exactly six months after he was appointed to the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress