SC orders ND Tiwari give blood sample
New Delhi: Rejecting his plea against the High Court order, the Supreme Court, Tuesday, ordered Congress veteran ND Tiwari to give blood sample for DNA test in a paternity suit.
The court rejected Tiwari’s plea that he should not be forced to give his blood sample as the entire case is an attempt to malign him. His blood sample is needed to ascertain 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar claim of being his biological son.
The court slammed Tiwari for not adhering to court’s previous orders even when he was given the option of keeping his blood sample in a sealed envelope. Termed his conduct as contemptuous, the court said, “Enough is enough.”
The High Court had last week scrapped a single judge bench’s September 2011 order that the 86-year-old leader cannot be compelled to give his blood sample.
The court pronounced that police force can also be used if he continues to defy orders to undergo DNA test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!