SC orders ND Tiwari give blood sample
New Delhi: Rejecting his plea against the High Court order, the Supreme Court, Tuesday, ordered Congress veteran ND Tiwari to give blood sample for DNA test in a paternity suit.
The court rejected Tiwari’s plea that he should not be forced to give his blood sample as the entire case is an attempt to malign him. His blood sample is needed to ascertain 32-year-old Rohit Shekhar claim of being his biological son.
The court slammed Tiwari for not adhering to court’s previous orders even when he was given the option of keeping his blood sample in a sealed envelope. Termed his conduct as contemptuous, the court said, “Enough is enough.”
The High Court had last week scrapped a single judge bench’s September 2011 order that the 86-year-old leader cannot be compelled to give his blood sample.
The court pronounced that police force can also be used if he continues to defy orders to undergo DNA test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!