SC permits scribe to file application in encounter cases
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday gave liberty to a scribe to move with an appropriate application for his plea for further investigation and cancellation of bail granted to former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah in Soharabuddin Sheikh and Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter cases.
A bench of justices H L Dattu and S J Mukopadhaya said the journalist, who conducted the sting operation against BJP MPs Prakash Javdekar and Bhupendra Singh Yadav alleging that they tried to impede investigation in the case, cannot proceed with the fresh writ petition.
The bench asked advocate Kamini Jaiswal, who was appearing for Pushp Kumar Sharma, to file an apprporiate application by giving reference of the matter in which the issue of Shah was dealt with while rejecting the CBI plea to cancel his bail.
"We will consider your application," the bench said and added that "we are also clarifying that we have not made any opinion on the statement made by the counsel".
Jaiswal said there was a need for further investigation in the case in the wake of fresh development which emerged from the sting operation carried out by the journalist.
Sharma, the petitioner, alleged that he had captured the "criminal conspiracy hatched and executed" by MPs, senior BJP leaders and advocates on concealed cameras as part of his undercover investigation. He also filed CDs of the video footage along with his petition.
He claimed in his petition that he had caught the two parliamentarians on tape discussing how to get blank vakalatnamas signed by the mother of Tulsiram Prajapati, who was shot dead in a fake encounter in December 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion