SC refuses to grant bail to Asaram Bapu in rape case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In yet another set back for Asaram Bapu, the Supreme Court on Thursday refused to grant bail to the controversial godman in a rape case filed against him.
While hearing his bail plea, the apex court asked Asaram to approach the Gujarat High Court.
The top court, however, agreed to hear Asarm`s bail plea in an another rape case lodged against him in Rajasthan.
On Aug 20, 2013, a 16-year-old girl lodged a police complaint accusing Asaram, 72, of sexually assaulting her at his ashram near Rajasthan`s Jodhpur.
In her complaint, the girl alleged that Asaram`s aides sent her to his Jodhpur ashram on the pretext that she was under the influence of an "evil spirit" and the spiritual guru could perform an exorcism.
Asaram was arrested from his ashram in Indore in Madhya Pradesh, and brought to Jodhpur Sep 1. He is lodged in the Jodhpur Central Jail since Sep 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack