SC refuses to grant bail to Asaram Bapu in rape case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In yet another set back for Asaram Bapu, the Supreme Court on Thursday refused to grant bail to the controversial godman in a rape case filed against him.
While hearing his bail plea, the apex court asked Asaram to approach the Gujarat High Court.
The top court, however, agreed to hear Asarm`s bail plea in an another rape case lodged against him in Rajasthan.
On Aug 20, 2013, a 16-year-old girl lodged a police complaint accusing Asaram, 72, of sexually assaulting her at his ashram near Rajasthan`s Jodhpur.
In her complaint, the girl alleged that Asaram`s aides sent her to his Jodhpur ashram on the pretext that she was under the influence of an "evil spirit" and the spiritual guru could perform an exorcism.
Asaram was arrested from his ashram in Indore in Madhya Pradesh, and brought to Jodhpur Sep 1. He is lodged in the Jodhpur Central Jail since Sep 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!