SC refuses to grant bail to rape accused John Fernandes
New Delhi: The Supreme Court today
refused to grant anticipatory bail to Goa politician John
Fernandes, accused of raping a Russian girl.
"It is not a case for granting bail," a bench headed
by Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan said when a petition by
Fernandes challenging the Bombay High Court`s order cancelling
his anticipatory bail granted by a trial court was mentioned.
"Whether the allegation is right or wrong, it is
difficult to grant bail," the bench, also comprising Justices
B Sudershan Reddy and P Sathasivam, said.
Fernandes is accused of raping the Russian girl on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi