SC refuses to grant bail to rape accused John Fernandes
New Delhi: The Supreme Court today
refused to grant anticipatory bail to Goa politician John
Fernandes, accused of raping a Russian girl.
"It is not a case for granting bail," a bench headed
by Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan said when a petition by
Fernandes challenging the Bombay High Court`s order cancelling
his anticipatory bail granted by a trial court was mentioned.
"Whether the allegation is right or wrong, it is
difficult to grant bail," the bench, also comprising Justices
B Sudershan Reddy and P Sathasivam, said.
Fernandes is accused of raping the Russian girl on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?