SC refuses to grant bail to rape accused John Fernandes
New Delhi: The Supreme Court today
refused to grant anticipatory bail to Goa politician John
Fernandes, accused of raping a Russian girl.
"It is not a case for granting bail," a bench headed
by Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan said when a petition by
Fernandes challenging the Bombay High Court`s order cancelling
his anticipatory bail granted by a trial court was mentioned.
"Whether the allegation is right or wrong, it is
difficult to grant bail," the bench, also comprising Justices
B Sudershan Reddy and P Sathasivam, said.
Fernandes is accused of raping the Russian girl on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch