SC refuses to grant bail to rape accused John Fernandes
New Delhi: The Supreme Court today
refused to grant anticipatory bail to Goa politician John
Fernandes, accused of raping a Russian girl.
"It is not a case for granting bail," a bench headed
by Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan said when a petition by
Fernandes challenging the Bombay High Court`s order cancelling
his anticipatory bail granted by a trial court was mentioned.
"Whether the allegation is right or wrong, it is
difficult to grant bail," the bench, also comprising Justices
B Sudershan Reddy and P Sathasivam, said.
Fernandes is accused of raping the Russian girl on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress