SC refuses to grant bail to rape accused John Fernandes
New Delhi: The Supreme Court today
refused to grant anticipatory bail to Goa politician John
Fernandes, accused of raping a Russian girl.
"It is not a case for granting bail," a bench headed
by Chief Justice K G Balakrishnan said when a petition by
Fernandes challenging the Bombay High Court`s order cancelling
his anticipatory bail granted by a trial court was mentioned.
"Whether the allegation is right or wrong, it is
difficult to grant bail," the bench, also comprising Justices
B Sudershan Reddy and P Sathasivam, said.
Fernandes is accused of raping the Russian girl on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM