SC refuses to stay HC order for Tiwari`s DNA test
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday refused to stay the Delhi High Court order asking veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari to undergo DNA test in a paternity
However, a bench comprising justices Aftab Alam and RM Lodha made it clear that the findings of the test would not be made public until and unless it is required by the court to decide the paternity suit against Tiwari.
The bench said the report would be kept in a sealed envelope and directed the 85-year-old leader to suggest by Friday the procedure preferred by him to undergo the DNA test.
Refusing to grant any relief, the apex court said that considering the age of the leader, it is necessary to have a DNA test so that the young man claiming to be his son is not left without any remedy if something happens to Tiwari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah