SC rejects Abu Salem plea in fake passport case
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday dismissed a plea by underworld don Abu Salem, challenging his conviction in a fake passport case by a special court in 2013 and seven year rigorous imprisonment sentence imposed on him.
A bench of Justice Fakkir Mohamed Ibrahim Kalifulla and Justice Shiva Kirti Singh dismissed the plea contesting the verdict of the special Central Bureau of Investigation court.
The special CBI court in Hyderabad had convicted Abu Salem in November 2013 for possessing fake passport by furnishing factitious name and address. he had obtained the fake passport from Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...