SC rejects Abu Salem plea in fake passport case
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday dismissed a plea by underworld don Abu Salem, challenging his conviction in a fake passport case by a special court in 2013 and seven year rigorous imprisonment sentence imposed on him.
A bench of Justice Fakkir Mohamed Ibrahim Kalifulla and Justice Shiva Kirti Singh dismissed the plea contesting the verdict of the special Central Bureau of Investigation court.
The special CBI court in Hyderabad had convicted Abu Salem in November 2013 for possessing fake passport by furnishing factitious name and address. he had obtained the fake passport from Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi