SC rejects Abu Salem plea in fake passport case
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday dismissed a plea by underworld don Abu Salem, challenging his conviction in a fake passport case by a special court in 2013 and seven year rigorous imprisonment sentence imposed on him.
A bench of Justice Fakkir Mohamed Ibrahim Kalifulla and Justice Shiva Kirti Singh dismissed the plea contesting the verdict of the special Central Bureau of Investigation court.
The special CBI court in Hyderabad had convicted Abu Salem in November 2013 for possessing fake passport by furnishing factitious name and address. he had obtained the fake passport from Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh.
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court