SC rejects ND Tiwari`s plea challenging blood sampling
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday rejected veteran Congress leader ND Tiwari`s appeal challenging a Delhi High Court order directing him to submit his blood samples for DNA profiling to decide a paternity suit filed by Rohit Shekhar, who claims to be his biological son.
An apex court bench of Justice Aftam Alam and Justice RM Lodha, however, issued notice on the question of law. The court said that the issue involves wider ramifications.
The court said "not acceptable" to the five proposals submitted by Tiwari as alternate to the DNA profiling through blood samples. The court said: "What we have said in the earlier hearing stands."
The apex court had March 14 said the 85-year-old leader will have to undergo a DNA test but gave him the option of suggesting an alternative to collection of blood sample for the test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state