SC rejects Pappu Yadav`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday rejected the plea for provisional bail for former Rashtriya Janata Dal Member of Parliament Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav undergoing life imprisonment for the murder of Communist Party of India (Marxist) leader Ajit Sarkar in Bihar 12 years back.
A Bench of Justices Markandeya Katju and TS Thakur declined to entertain Yadav`s plea through counsel Prem Prakash for grant of 10 days provisional bail to take care of his father who recently underwent a kidney transplant in the city`s Gangaram Hospital.
"The Gangaram Hospital has got all the facilities to take care of him. You need not bother about," the Bench told the counsel.
However, the apex court asked the Patna High Court to expeditiously treat the appeal filed by Yadav challenging his conviction and life imprisonment in the murder case.
The apex court had on August 6 directed the Central Bureau of Investigation and Bihar police to forthwith arrest Yadav after he failed to surrender despite the cancellation of his bail.
It had expressed surprise that Yadav was not arrested even though his bail application was dismissed on May 3 by the apex court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now