SC rejects Pappu Yadav`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday rejected the plea for provisional bail for former Rashtriya Janata Dal Member of Parliament Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav undergoing life imprisonment for the murder of Communist Party of India (Marxist) leader Ajit Sarkar in Bihar 12 years back.
A Bench of Justices Markandeya Katju and TS Thakur declined to entertain Yadav`s plea through counsel Prem Prakash for grant of 10 days provisional bail to take care of his father who recently underwent a kidney transplant in the city`s Gangaram Hospital.
"The Gangaram Hospital has got all the facilities to take care of him. You need not bother about," the Bench told the counsel.
However, the apex court asked the Patna High Court to expeditiously treat the appeal filed by Yadav challenging his conviction and life imprisonment in the murder case.
The apex court had on August 6 directed the Central Bureau of Investigation and Bihar police to forthwith arrest Yadav after he failed to surrender despite the cancellation of his bail.
It had expressed surprise that Yadav was not arrested even though his bail application was dismissed on May 3 by the apex court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind