SC rejects PIL challenging Pranab’s Prez bid
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday dismissed a public interest litigation (PIL) seeking directions to the central government to conduct an inquiry against UPA’s presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee for canvassing votes before resigning as finance minister.
Filed by apex court lawyer ML Sharma, the PIL alleged that Pranab had misused the office of the finance minister by giving grants to states like Bihar so as to ensure support for his presidential candidature.
Rejecting the PIL, the apex court said that there is no substance to these allegations and warned the petitioner from filing such unsubstantiated petitions in the future.
Pranab Mukherjee is engaged in a direct with NDA supported candidate PL Sangma in the race for Raisina Hill.
Besides UPA constituents – expect Trinamool -, Pranab is also been supported by the Janata Dal (United) and Shiv Sena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video