SC reserves order on Nithyananda`s plea against potency test
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday reserved its order on self-styled godman Nithyananda`s plea for not conducting potency test on him in a 2010 rape case.
A bench headed by Ranjana Prakash Desai reserved its verdict on an appeal filed by Nithyananda challenging Karnataka High Court`s order directing him to undergo potency test.
The bench had yesterday questioned controversial godman for his reluctance to undergo the test saying such examinations were necessary in view of growing number of rape cases.
"These things are becoming necessary day-by-day in view of rise in rape cases. Can you say that potency test cannot be done? We are at least not party to such (proposition)," the bench had said.
The apex court had on August 5 stayed the Karnataka High Court order directing Nithyananda to undergo the test.
The high court had on August 1 stayed the non-bailable arrest warrant issued by a Ramanagaram court against Nithyananda and four of his followers in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot