SC reserves order on Nithyananda`s plea against potency test
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday reserved its order on self-styled godman Nithyananda`s plea for not conducting potency test on him in a 2010 rape case.
A bench headed by Ranjana Prakash Desai reserved its verdict on an appeal filed by Nithyananda challenging Karnataka High Court`s order directing him to undergo potency test.
The bench had yesterday questioned controversial godman for his reluctance to undergo the test saying such examinations were necessary in view of growing number of rape cases.
"These things are becoming necessary day-by-day in view of rise in rape cases. Can you say that potency test cannot be done? We are at least not party to such (proposition)," the bench had said.
The apex court had on August 5 stayed the Karnataka High Court order directing Nithyananda to undergo the test.
The high court had on August 1 stayed the non-bailable arrest warrant issued by a Ramanagaram court against Nithyananda and four of his followers in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31