SC seeks Centre`s response on rise in pornographic sites
New Delhi: Amid growing concerns over proliferation of pornographic sites on the internet, the Supreme Court today issued a notice to the Centre seeking its response to the issue.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir issued notice to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry and others on the contention that child pornography is being exhibited on the internet and lot of children watch them.
This also leads to rise in crime, it was contended.
The court was hearing the petition filed by petitioner Kamlesh Vaswani, who has sought blocking and banning of such sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof