SC seeks Centre`s response to plea on nuke safety
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday sought the government`s reply to a plea challenging various provisions of the controversial Civil Liability on Nuclear Damage Act.
"Issue notice only to the vires of the Act," said a bench headed by Chief Justice SH Kapadia, while seeking the Centre`s response.
The apex court notice to the Centre followed on a petition by non-governmental organisation (NGO) Common Cause, which also sought appointment of an independent regulatory body to oversee nuclear plants.
The court on an earlier occasion had not passed any order and had kept the issue open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan