SC seeks Centre`s response to plea on nuke safety
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday sought the government`s reply to a plea challenging various provisions of the controversial Civil Liability on Nuclear Damage Act.
"Issue notice only to the vires of the Act," said a bench headed by Chief Justice SH Kapadia, while seeking the Centre`s response.
The apex court notice to the Centre followed on a petition by non-governmental organisation (NGO) Common Cause, which also sought appointment of an independent regulatory body to oversee nuclear plants.
The court on an earlier occasion had not passed any order and had kept the issue open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen