SC summons heads of Victoria Memorial & Indian Museum
New Delhi: Taking strong exception to the alleged mismanagement in the Victoria Memorial and the Indian Museum in Kolkata, the Supreme Court Wednesday directed the heads of both the museums to personally appear before it.
A bench of justices K S Radhakrishanan and Dipak Misra ordered that secretary-cum-curator of Victoria Memorial and the director of Indian Museum to appear before it on January 10.
The court passed the order on a petition filed by a Kolkota resident seeking court`s direction to the authorities to conduct physical verification of all the items in the museum as many have allegedly gone missing.
The bench also directed the heads of the museum to file their affidavit within four weeks on the allegation levelled by the petitioner, who said there has been a multi-crore scam in the Indian museum which was reported by the media in 2008 but the authorities did not take any action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love