SC summons heads of Victoria Memorial & Indian Museum
New Delhi: Taking strong exception to the alleged mismanagement in the Victoria Memorial and the Indian Museum in Kolkata, the Supreme Court Wednesday directed the heads of both the museums to personally appear before it.
A bench of justices K S Radhakrishanan and Dipak Misra ordered that secretary-cum-curator of Victoria Memorial and the director of Indian Museum to appear before it on January 10.
The court passed the order on a petition filed by a Kolkota resident seeking court`s direction to the authorities to conduct physical verification of all the items in the museum as many have allegedly gone missing.
The bench also directed the heads of the museum to file their affidavit within four weeks on the allegation levelled by the petitioner, who said there has been a multi-crore scam in the Indian museum which was reported by the media in 2008 but the authorities did not take any action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers