SC summons heads of Victoria Memorial & Indian Museum
New Delhi: Taking strong exception to the alleged mismanagement in the Victoria Memorial and the Indian Museum in Kolkata, the Supreme Court Wednesday directed the heads of both the museums to personally appear before it.
A bench of justices K S Radhakrishanan and Dipak Misra ordered that secretary-cum-curator of Victoria Memorial and the director of Indian Museum to appear before it on January 10.
The court passed the order on a petition filed by a Kolkota resident seeking court`s direction to the authorities to conduct physical verification of all the items in the museum as many have allegedly gone missing.
The bench also directed the heads of the museum to file their affidavit within four weeks on the allegation levelled by the petitioner, who said there has been a multi-crore scam in the Indian museum which was reported by the media in 2008 but the authorities did not take any action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray