SC to rule Sep 29 on Hasan Ali`s bail
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Tuesday reserved for Sep 29 its order on the centre`s plea seeking cancellation of the bail granted to alleged money launderer Hasan Ali Khan, who is described as the country`s top tax evader.
Justice Altamas Kabir and Justice S.S. Nijjar reserved the order after hearing arguments from the two sides.
Hasan Ali, who is being investigated by the Directorate of Enforcement under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act for allegedly stashing away money in tax havens, was granted bail by the Bombay High Court Aug 12.
The Supreme Court Aug 16 stayed the Bombay High Court order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing