SC to rule Sep 29 on Hasan Ali`s bail
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Tuesday reserved for Sep 29 its order on the centre`s plea seeking cancellation of the bail granted to alleged money launderer Hasan Ali Khan, who is described as the country`s top tax evader.
Justice Altamas Kabir and Justice S.S. Nijjar reserved the order after hearing arguments from the two sides.
Hasan Ali, who is being investigated by the Directorate of Enforcement under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act for allegedly stashing away money in tax havens, was granted bail by the Bombay High Court Aug 12.
The Supreme Court Aug 16 stayed the Bombay High Court order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss