SC to rule Sep 29 on Hasan Ali`s bail
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Tuesday reserved for Sep 29 its order on the centre`s plea seeking cancellation of the bail granted to alleged money launderer Hasan Ali Khan, who is described as the country`s top tax evader.
Justice Altamas Kabir and Justice S.S. Nijjar reserved the order after hearing arguments from the two sides.
Hasan Ali, who is being investigated by the Directorate of Enforcement under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act for allegedly stashing away money in tax havens, was granted bail by the Bombay High Court Aug 12.
The Supreme Court Aug 16 stayed the Bombay High Court order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her