SC to rule Sep 29 on Hasan Ali`s bail
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Tuesday reserved for Sep 29 its order on the centre`s plea seeking cancellation of the bail granted to alleged money launderer Hasan Ali Khan, who is described as the country`s top tax evader.
Justice Altamas Kabir and Justice S.S. Nijjar reserved the order after hearing arguments from the two sides.
Hasan Ali, who is being investigated by the Directorate of Enforcement under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act for allegedly stashing away money in tax havens, was granted bail by the Bombay High Court Aug 12.
The Supreme Court Aug 16 stayed the Bombay High Court order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning