SC to take up Bhullar`s plea on March 26
New Delhi: The Supreme Court said on Monday that if the government fails to take a decision on terror convict Devinderpal Singh Bhullar`s plea seeking the commutation of his death sentence into life imprisonment, then it would decide the matter.
The apex court bench headed by Chief Justice P Sathasivam said this as Attorney General GE Vahanvati told a court that the government has yet not taken the decision and sought some more time.
Accepting the plea by the attorney general, the court directed the listing of the matter on March 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy