SC to take up Bhullar`s plea on March 26
New Delhi: The Supreme Court said on Monday that if the government fails to take a decision on terror convict Devinderpal Singh Bhullar`s plea seeking the commutation of his death sentence into life imprisonment, then it would decide the matter.
The apex court bench headed by Chief Justice P Sathasivam said this as Attorney General GE Vahanvati told a court that the government has yet not taken the decision and sought some more time.
Accepting the plea by the attorney general, the court directed the listing of the matter on March 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown