SC upholds land acquisition policy of UP govt
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Wednesday upheld the land acquisition policy of the Uttar Pradesh government for development of projects alongside the Yamuna Expressway connecting the national capital with Agra.
A bench comprising Justices V S Sirpurkar and Cyriac Joseph dismissed the appeal filed by some farmers challenging the Allahabad High Court decision which had upheld the policy of the Mayawati government.
The court did not agree with the contention of the farmers that the land was acquired for a private purpose and not for a public purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police