SC verdict on SPOs setback to security: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday termed as a "setback to
national security" the Supreme Court judgement on Naxalism,
that restrained the Chhattisgarh government and the Centre
from appointing and arming tribals as Special Police Officers.
"While the BJP is studying the Supreme Court judgement on
Naxalism, it is a setback to national security," said BJP
spokesman Shahnawaz Hussain.
Hussain said, "Naxalism is a big threat to national
security and the morale of Naxals was high, of late. The
nation is worried over Naxalism and terrorism."
The BJP leader said, "Naxals were not just against the
state government, but against India as a whole. They just had
their headquarters based in Chhattisgarh, as it suited them
The apex court had yesterday restrained the Chhattisgarh
government and the Centre from appointing tribals as Special
Police Officers and arming them to counter Maoists, and termed
the step of appointing tribal youths as SPOs as
Hussain said the government is fighting a battle against
them in six states in cooperation with the state governments
and there was no politics played on the issue of Naxalism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi
- Fresh clashes in Kashmir; one youth killed in firing, death toll rises to 45
- Meher Malik is driving internet crazy with her terrific belly moves on 'Game of Thrones' theme song!- Watch