SC verdict on SPOs setback to security: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday termed as a "setback to
national security" the Supreme Court judgement on Naxalism,
that restrained the Chhattisgarh government and the Centre
from appointing and arming tribals as Special Police Officers.
"While the BJP is studying the Supreme Court judgement on
Naxalism, it is a setback to national security," said BJP
spokesman Shahnawaz Hussain.
Hussain said, "Naxalism is a big threat to national
security and the morale of Naxals was high, of late. The
nation is worried over Naxalism and terrorism."
The BJP leader said, "Naxals were not just against the
state government, but against India as a whole. They just had
their headquarters based in Chhattisgarh, as it suited them
The apex court had yesterday restrained the Chhattisgarh
government and the Centre from appointing tribals as Special
Police Officers and arming them to counter Maoists, and termed
the step of appointing tribal youths as SPOs as
Hussain said the government is fighting a battle against
them in six states in cooperation with the state governments
and there was no politics played on the issue of Naxalism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you