SC watches CCTV footage of 26/11 carnage
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Thursday heard the intercepted conversations between the perpetrators of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack and their Pakistani handlers and watched
the CCTV footage of the carnage.
The visuals and audio tapes were played before a bench of justices Aftab Alam and CK Prasad in the Supreme Court judges` conference room in the presence of the counsel
appearing for Kasab and Maharshtra government.
The court had yesterday expressed the desire to listen to the intercepted conversations and watch CCTV visuals.
Hearing an appeal of Mohd Ajmal Amir Kasab, the sole surviving perpetrator of the attack and convict of the carnage, against his death sentence, the court had said it would hear the intercepts in the presence of the counsel appearing for Kasab and the Maharashtra government.
Former Solicitor General Gopal Subramaniam, appearing for Maharshtra government, had yesterday said there was no problem in playing the conversations in the court.
The prosecution had earlier told the court that the intercepts among the ten terrorists and their handlers in Pakistan established that the terror attack in Mumbai, in which 166 people were killed, was "pre-planned and pre-arranged."
The apex court was told that evidence in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case involving Kasab and nine slain terrorists clearly showed it to be a "pre-meditated" assault on the
country`s commercial capital by Pakistani terrorists guided by their handlers from across the border.
The prosecution said while the attack was launched at the Hotel Taj at the Gateway of India, the terrorists were interacting with their Pakistani handlers and the intercepted
conversations clearly showed that they (handlers) had asked them (terrorists) as to "why they did not sink the Kuber boat".
Subramaniam said the Pakistani handlers had also sought confirmation about the killing of the navigator of Kuber, Amar Singh Solanki, who was beheaded by Kasab.
The diary also disclosed that Kasab was known by the name Mujaheed to other terrorists.
The prosecution said that on reaching Budhawar Park, Kasab and another Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist Abu Ismaile took a taxi and proceeded towards Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST)
Railway Station which bore the major brunt of their design.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan
- Will expedite trial in Sheena case: Judge
- In process of overturning 'illegal decisions' of AAP Govt: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung
- Huawei smartphones to come pre-loaded with Truecaller
- Cricket in USA, 1st T20I: West Indies eye comeback after demolition in Tests; MS Dhoni & Co seek revenge