Scams will benefit BJP in polls: Jaitley
Ujjain (MP): BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Sunday said the image of Congress has taken a beating with the
unearthing of scams and that would help BJP in the forthcoming
elections in five states.
"We raised the issue of 2G spectrum allocation in the
Rajya Sabha in July 2009 and informed the Prime Minister about
this scam in which the nation`s wealth was plundered," Jaitley
told reporters after the two-day working committee meeting of
the state BJP concluded here.
The leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha Jaitley said that
the Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh had overlooked the
Commonwealth Games (CWG) scam and the appointment of CVC and
for this the Congress would pay a heavy price for sure.
He expressed confidence that his party would be
benefited in the forthcoming elections in the five states
because of its firm stance against corruption.
It appears that the left will be ousted from West
Bengal and Kerala, besides Congress too will be at the
receiving end, he said.
He accused the Congress of protecting the scamsters
and said that the foreign investment figure has nosedived due
to series of scandals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi