Scams will benefit BJP in polls: Jaitley
Ujjain (MP): BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Sunday said the image of Congress has taken a beating with the
unearthing of scams and that would help BJP in the forthcoming
elections in five states.
"We raised the issue of 2G spectrum allocation in the
Rajya Sabha in July 2009 and informed the Prime Minister about
this scam in which the nation`s wealth was plundered," Jaitley
told reporters after the two-day working committee meeting of
the state BJP concluded here.
The leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha Jaitley said that
the Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh had overlooked the
Commonwealth Games (CWG) scam and the appointment of CVC and
for this the Congress would pay a heavy price for sure.
He expressed confidence that his party would be
benefited in the forthcoming elections in the five states
because of its firm stance against corruption.
It appears that the left will be ousted from West
Bengal and Kerala, besides Congress too will be at the
receiving end, he said.
He accused the Congress of protecting the scamsters
and said that the foreign investment figure has nosedived due
to series of scandals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway