Scarlet case: Constable knew her name after a month
Panaji: The police constable, who shifted
Scarlet’s body away from the beach water, came to know about
her name a month later that too through newspapers, he told
the court on Wednesday.
"I came to know about the name of said lady (Scarlet)
after about one month. When we saw the body first tide water
was splashing the body and we were not knowing the name of
female, which was made known to us subsequently," constable
Vishant Chopdekar, the second witness to testify in Scarlet
Eden Keeling death case, told the court this evening.
Chopdekar along with constable Gurunath Naik were the
first two witnesses, who were examined by Goa Children’s
Court, after the trial in the sensational death case began,
Scarlet’s semi nude battered body was found on the
shores of Anjuna beach in Goa on February 18, 2008 by the
The constable said that when they arrived on the scene
body was lying on the stomach, almost nude except for the
undergarment on the top portion.
"I also noticed the orange colour chappals lying at
around two to three metres from the said body," Chopdekar told
CBI’s public prosecutor S R Rivonkar during the trial today.
"Since the water was splashing the body, I along with
Gurunath lifted the body and kept it around two metres away,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing