Scarlet case: Constable knew her name after a month
Panaji: The police constable, who shifted
Scarlet’s body away from the beach water, came to know about
her name a month later that too through newspapers, he told
the court on Wednesday.
"I came to know about the name of said lady (Scarlet)
after about one month. When we saw the body first tide water
was splashing the body and we were not knowing the name of
female, which was made known to us subsequently," constable
Vishant Chopdekar, the second witness to testify in Scarlet
Eden Keeling death case, told the court this evening.
Chopdekar along with constable Gurunath Naik were the
first two witnesses, who were examined by Goa Children’s
Court, after the trial in the sensational death case began,
Scarlet’s semi nude battered body was found on the
shores of Anjuna beach in Goa on February 18, 2008 by the
The constable said that when they arrived on the scene
body was lying on the stomach, almost nude except for the
undergarment on the top portion.
"I also noticed the orange colour chappals lying at
around two to three metres from the said body," Chopdekar told
CBI’s public prosecutor S R Rivonkar during the trial today.
"Since the water was splashing the body, I along with
Gurunath lifted the body and kept it around two metres away,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional