Scheme for e-governance in Panchayat bodies in the offing
New Delhi: Government is formulating a Centrally-sponsored scheme for e-governance in Panchayati Raj Institutions.
Under the scheme, the Panchayati Raj Ministry would provide computers and related hardware and software to each village and block panchayats.An information and service needs assessment has already been done.
The Ministry is working closely with National Informatics Centre to build "generic" software solutions that could be used by the PRIs. There are also plans to build some software centrally.
A national e-governance programme, which also includes e-governance for panchayats as a mission mode project, is already being implemented by the government.
It aims to make all government services accessible to the common man through common service delivery outlets and ensure efficiency, transparency and reliability at affordable cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das