Scheme for e-governance in Panchayat bodies in the offing
New Delhi: Government is formulating a Centrally-sponsored scheme for e-governance in Panchayati Raj Institutions.
Under the scheme, the Panchayati Raj Ministry would provide computers and related hardware and software to each village and block panchayats.An information and service needs assessment has already been done.
The Ministry is working closely with National Informatics Centre to build "generic" software solutions that could be used by the PRIs. There are also plans to build some software centrally.
A national e-governance programme, which also includes e-governance for panchayats as a mission mode project, is already being implemented by the government.
It aims to make all government services accessible to the common man through common service delivery outlets and ensure efficiency, transparency and reliability at affordable cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!