Scheme for e-governance in Panchayat bodies in the offing
New Delhi: Government is formulating a Centrally-sponsored scheme for e-governance in Panchayati Raj Institutions.
Under the scheme, the Panchayati Raj Ministry would provide computers and related hardware and software to each village and block panchayats.An information and service needs assessment has already been done.
The Ministry is working closely with National Informatics Centre to build "generic" software solutions that could be used by the PRIs. There are also plans to build some software centrally.
A national e-governance programme, which also includes e-governance for panchayats as a mission mode project, is already being implemented by the government.
It aims to make all government services accessible to the common man through common service delivery outlets and ensure efficiency, transparency and reliability at affordable cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat