Scholarship schemes for minority students to be online
New Delhi: The Government has decided to
launch an `On-line Scholarship Management System` next week to
ensure greater transparency in the implementation of its plans
for upliftment of students from minority communities.
The Minority Affairs Ministry headed by Salman Khurshid
will also start video conferencing with the states for better
implementation of the Multi sectoral Development Plans (MsDP)
in the 90 minority concentrated districts of the country,
which lag behind in the national parameters of development.
The On-line Scholarship Management System (OSMS) will
deal with scholarship schemes for pre-matric and post-matric
students from minority communities aspiring for technical and
An official launch is expected on April 14-15, ministry
The ministry has exceeded its targets in both pre-matric
and post-matric schemes, they said.
In the pre-matric scholarship scheme, more than 37 lakh
scholarships were provided against the target of 20 lakh
scholarships last year. The financial target for the scheme,
which was pegged at Rs 450 crore, was increased to Rs 600
crore this year.
In the post-matric scholarship scheme, the ministry had a
target of providing 4 lakh scholarships, but distributed
scholarships to over 5 lakh students. The allocation was also
increased to Rs 450 crore from last year`s Rs 250 crore.
The sources said the plan for video conferencing aims to
ensure effective monitoring of the implementation of MsDP in
districts with concentration of people from minorities as a
number of states have been eager to inform the Centre of the
actual position of the schemes in such areas.
Video-conferencing will ensure that the Central
government can more frequently and directly interact with
state authorities and achieve better results, they added.
Ministry officials had held a detailed meeting with
minority secretaries of various states and union territories
here a few days back, informing them about the need for better
implementation of MsDP.
The meeting had taken an overview of financial
performance of MsDP with a focus on financial year 2011-12,
which is the last year for implementation of MsDP in the
In the meeting the ministry had also asked the states to
pay special attention to the implementation of the OSMS, also
asking them to send their district plans by April end so that
all plans could be approved by mid May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'