School kids forced to donate blood by Congress MLA
Jaipur: In a shocking incident, school kids were lured into donating blood at a camp organised at Chomu village by a local Congress MLA, Bhagwan Sahay Saini, to commemorate the birthday of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.
The incident has sparked huge protests from the opposition BJP. Effigies of Saini were burnt by ABVP supporters, the student wing of the BJP.
Local residents also joined the protests by against this horrifying act. The residents confirmed of the MLA being present when kids below 18 years of age donated blood.
The incident was highlighted when a student named Anil Sharma, 15, collapsed after donating blood. He was later taken to SMS Hospital in Jaipur. His condition is reported to be stable now.
Talking to the reporters, Anil’s father said that he confirmed to the organisers about his son being a minor and that he recently suffered from jaundice, but they ignored his request and still took his blood.
However, Saini denied any incident of forcing the students to donate blood. He further said that the camp was administered by trained medical teams, who collected blood after completing due formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption