School kids forced to donate blood by Congress MLA
Jaipur: In a shocking incident, school kids were lured into donating blood at a camp organised at Chomu village by a local Congress MLA, Bhagwan Sahay Saini, to commemorate the birthday of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.
The incident has sparked huge protests from the opposition BJP. Effigies of Saini were burnt by ABVP supporters, the student wing of the BJP.
Local residents also joined the protests by against this horrifying act. The residents confirmed of the MLA being present when kids below 18 years of age donated blood.
The incident was highlighted when a student named Anil Sharma, 15, collapsed after donating blood. He was later taken to SMS Hospital in Jaipur. His condition is reported to be stable now.
Talking to the reporters, Anil’s father said that he confirmed to the organisers about his son being a minor and that he recently suffered from jaundice, but they ignored his request and still took his blood.
However, Saini denied any incident of forcing the students to donate blood. He further said that the camp was administered by trained medical teams, who collected blood after completing due formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG