School kids forced to donate blood by Congress MLA
Jaipur: In a shocking incident, school kids were lured into donating blood at a camp organised at Chomu village by a local Congress MLA, Bhagwan Sahay Saini, to commemorate the birthday of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.
The incident has sparked huge protests from the opposition BJP. Effigies of Saini were burnt by ABVP supporters, the student wing of the BJP.
Local residents also joined the protests by against this horrifying act. The residents confirmed of the MLA being present when kids below 18 years of age donated blood.
The incident was highlighted when a student named Anil Sharma, 15, collapsed after donating blood. He was later taken to SMS Hospital in Jaipur. His condition is reported to be stable now.
Talking to the reporters, Anil’s father said that he confirmed to the organisers about his son being a minor and that he recently suffered from jaundice, but they ignored his request and still took his blood.
However, Saini denied any incident of forcing the students to donate blood. He further said that the camp was administered by trained medical teams, who collected blood after completing due formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!
- This Russian cat adopts baby monkey after his mother abandons him – Watch inspirational video!
- Centre must explain Scorpene submarines leak, says Congress
- 10 hot features of Google Android Nougat Operating System
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters