School kids forced to donate blood by Congress MLA
Jaipur: In a shocking incident, school kids were lured into donating blood at a camp organised at Chomu village by a local Congress MLA, Bhagwan Sahay Saini, to commemorate the birthday of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.
The incident has sparked huge protests from the opposition BJP. Effigies of Saini were burnt by ABVP supporters, the student wing of the BJP.
Local residents also joined the protests by against this horrifying act. The residents confirmed of the MLA being present when kids below 18 years of age donated blood.
The incident was highlighted when a student named Anil Sharma, 15, collapsed after donating blood. He was later taken to SMS Hospital in Jaipur. His condition is reported to be stable now.
Talking to the reporters, Anil’s father said that he confirmed to the organisers about his son being a minor and that he recently suffered from jaundice, but they ignored his request and still took his blood.
However, Saini denied any incident of forcing the students to donate blood. He further said that the camp was administered by trained medical teams, who collected blood after completing due formalities.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- This is how Jawahar Lal Nehru reacted when asked about rumours of his second marriage
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!