Science high on agenda of UK Minister`s India visit
London: Pat McFadden, British Minister for
Business, Innovation and Skills, will visit India from 13-17
February to strengthen the UK-India science and innovation
Top of his agenda will be to address the second bilateral
India-UK Science and Innovation Council (SIC) meeting with
India`s Minister for Science and Technology Prithviraj Chavan
in New Delhi.
The minister, along with the Chief Scientific Adviser,
Professor John Beddington, will lead the UK delegation at the
meeting to discuss potential new multi-million pound research
This follows successful joint collaborations worth 25
million pounds, including major new research initiatives on
next generation IT networks, on bio-energy, agricultural
biotechnology and on drug discovery.
He will also experience first-hand how both countries
have joined forces to tackle key challenges for the UK and
These include improving the provision of education,
equipping people with the tools and skills to rebuild the
global economy, and mitigating the effects of climate
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS