Second phase of CAT-2009 concludes
Ahmedabad: Second phase of computer based
CAT-2009 concluded on Sunday with around 2,000 candidates
appearing for the re-test at 26 centres across the country,
convener of examination at IIM Ahmedabad said here.
"CAT-2009 second phase concluded on Sunday with around 2000
odd candidates appearing for the re-test today. On day one of
the second phase yesterday, 65-70 percent out of the 7,400
candidates appeared for re-test," convener of CAT-2009 at
IIM-A Satish Deodhar said.
"With the conclusion of second phase it seems that it was
a minuscule segment of students who made large noises about
the technical glitches," Deodhar said.
"The results of CAT-2009 are scheduled to be declared
in third week of February," he added.
"It will take at least 10 days for uploading the results,
so a call on declaring CAT-2009 results early than the
scheduled date can only be taken after that," sources at
According to sources at the IIM-A, directors of all the
IIMs are slated to meet next month to review the newly
introduced computer based CAT.
A total of 2.41 lakh students had applied for CAT in
While 2.16 lakh candidates could appear in the test
during the 11-day testing window last year, nearly 10,500 odd
students could not take on the exam in first phase due to
virus attacks and hardware problems and had opted for re-test.
The CAT glitches were attributed by the IIMs and
Prometric, the American firm jointly conducting the test, to
virus attacks and some hardware problems.
Computer based CAT-2009 in first phase was marred by
technical glitches from the very first day as students faced
problems in logging on to the computers at centres in Gujarat,
Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata and Bhopal.
Prometric has been awarded a USD 40-million contract by
the IIMs to computerise the prestigious CAT exam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui