Second swine flu death reported in Himachal
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh has reported its second death this year due to swine flu, a health official said Wednesday.
A 66-year-old woman from Shimla district died Monday evening within an hour of hospitalisation in the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital (IGMCH) here, state surveillance officer Omesh Bharti said.
The victim was a resident of Jubbal area in upper Shimla and was suffering from breathlessness for the past one week.
The first death due to influenza in the state was reported April 7 when a 55-year-old woman, a resident of Sarkaghat town in Mandi district, died at IGMCH.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes