Second swine flu death reported in Himachal
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh has reported its second death this year due to swine flu, a health official said Wednesday.
A 66-year-old woman from Shimla district died Monday evening within an hour of hospitalisation in the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital (IGMCH) here, state surveillance officer Omesh Bharti said.
The victim was a resident of Jubbal area in upper Shimla and was suffering from breathlessness for the past one week.
The first death due to influenza in the state was reported April 7 when a 55-year-old woman, a resident of Sarkaghat town in Mandi district, died at IGMCH.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September