Second swine flu death reported in Himachal
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh has reported its second death this year due to swine flu, a health official said Wednesday.
A 66-year-old woman from Shimla district died Monday evening within an hour of hospitalisation in the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital (IGMCH) here, state surveillance officer Omesh Bharti said.
The victim was a resident of Jubbal area in upper Shimla and was suffering from breathlessness for the past one week.
The first death due to influenza in the state was reported April 7 when a 55-year-old woman, a resident of Sarkaghat town in Mandi district, died at IGMCH.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY