Secular India will never accept Modi: Congress
Jaipur: Dubbing BJP`s election campaign committee chairman and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi a communal face, the Congress on Tuesday said secular India would never accept him.
"Modi is a communal face. The welfare of dalits and backwards is not his priority. Secular India will never accept him," Rajasthan PCC chief Chandrabhan told a state-level meeting of PCC SC Cell here.
The Congress had been always working for improving the lot of the poor, he said adding this should not be construed as a policy of appeasement as alleged by the opposition BJP.
Gurudas Kamat, newly-appointed in-charge of party affairs in Rajasthan, said the state had progressed during the Congress rule.
Several welfare schemes were launched and implemented during the Congress regime, he said and asked workers and leaders to remain united and ensure party`s win in the coming election.
He said it was the Congress party which had adopted the teachings of dalit icon Bhimrao Ambedkar giving equal opportunities to the poor.
Kamat, on his first visit to the state after becoming in-charge of party affairs, said "every party worker will be given opportunity to raise his voice."
"To achieve the target of 150 assembly seats out of 200, we will have to work hard without wasting time," the AICC secretary and Mumbai MP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi