‘Secular’ parties using Muslims like toilet tissue paper: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Days after criticising the Samajwadi Party government for failing to contain communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and surrounding areas, Maulana Mahmood Madni, the general secretary, Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind, on Monday said that Muslims are being used by so-called secular political parties.
Amidst the political drama unfolding between the political parties, Madani said that ‘secular political parties use Muslims like toilet tissue paper, and just use and throw them’.
Several Muslim organisations last week demanded dismissal of the SP government in Uttar Pradesh and imposition of President`s rule in the state, saying Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has failed to contain communal violence.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi today visited the violence-hit district of Uttar Pradesh amidst tight security.
So far, 47 people have been killed in the violence. The situation is fast returning to normal. Curfew was relaxed on Sunday in three police station areas of Muzaffarnagar.
Around 40,000 people have taken refuge in more than 30 relief camps set up in Muzaffarnagar and Shamli districts.
Kawaal village is where an alleged incident of sexual harassment on August 27 led to three youths being killed.
A `mahapanchayat` or gathering of village councils was held a few days later, which led to communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar and nearby areas, forcing the government to call in the Army to control the situation.
Communal clashes erupted in Muzaffarnagar on September 07 after simmering discontent over a molestation case of August 27 which subsequently led to three people being killed in a clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka