Secular Third front will emerge: UP CM Akhilesh Yadav
Ranchi: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Thursday asserted that a Secular Third Front would emerge to mitigate the woes of the people in the face of falling Rupee, rising prices and unemployment.
"The country is looking at Samajwadi Party and other secular leaders. We are optimistic that a secular Third Front will emerge soon to challenge the Congress and BJP, and address the problems of the people of all sections of the society," Yadav said, addressing the Samajwadi Party`s Jharkhand unit convention here.
To back his assertion, Yadav mentioned various schemes of the government like those of laptops, cycles, Kishan Bima and free higher education for girls from poor families.
Yadav also claimed that an industrial environment has been created in the state.
Urging the partymen in Jharkhand to garner support for the SP in the run up to the Lok Sabha elections, he accused the Congress of breaking all barriers of corruption.
Blaming Congress for the present economic condition, he sought to know whether there was a proper mechanism in place for implementation of the Food Security Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Germany's right-wing AfD to adopt anti-Islam manifesto
- Travel in metro, buses using Common Mobility Card from July
- WATCH: Dance moves of Pakistani cricketers Umar, Kamran Akmal
- Rising Pune Supergiants' Mitchell Marsh ruled out of IPL with side strain
- China's manufacturing activity expands at slower pace