`Security agencies alert to foil terror designs`
New Delhi: In the wake of busting of a terror module of Indian Mujahideen here, Government on Thursday said security agencies were fully alert to foil any attempt to disturb peace anywhere in the country.
"We are fully alert," Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told reporters here when asked whether the central government has issued any terror alert after the arrest of the three terrorists by Delhi Police who were planning to target Delhi and Bihar`s Bodhgaya in the upcoming festive season.
Shinde said the Home Ministry keeps sending advisory to all states to remain alert about activities of various terrorist organisations.
The "Home Ministry keeps sending terror alerts," he said.
Shinde said security agencies got information about the three IM activities about eight-ten days ago and made it public once a complete breakthrough was achieved and they were arrested.
Delhi Police today claimed to have solved the Pune serial blasts in August and averted terror strikes in Delhi and Bodhgaya with the arrest of the three suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists.
The Pune blasts were to avenge the murder of IM operative Qateel Siddique in Yervada Jail on June eight and the initial plan was to target Mumbai or the prison but later this was changed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- Srinagar-Muzaffarbad bus service to resume tomorrow
- Congress to raise Kandhamal killings in Parliament
- Centre asks states to remove taxes on pulses and edible oils
- Central security agencies ask Delhi Police to remain alert against terror attacks