Security agencies probing Headley`s Mumbai visits
New Delhi: Security agencies are probing whether David Coleman Headley, nabbed by FBI last month for plotting a major terror attack in India at LeT`s behest, visited Mumbai three times.
Sources said the agencies were trying to ascertain if Headley had travelled to Mumbai with Tahawwur Hussain Rana, a Canadian citizen of Pakistani origin also arrested by the FBI, the latest being in March this year.
The agencies have summoned records of travels of the duo following inputs that suggested their travel to the western metropolis of the country in an attempt to carry out a reconnaissance of vital installations.
According to sources, the duration of the duo`s visits and their destinations will be ascertained in the probe.
On one of the occasions, they said, it is believed that both the men travelled on different passports.
49-year-old Headley was arrested last month at Chicago`s O`Hare International Airport as he prepared to board a flight to Philadelphia, intending to travel to Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars