Security beefed up at Wagah Border
Amritsar: Security has been beefed up at the integrated check post (ICP) on the India-Pakistan border at Wagah after the Punjab police received information from Pakistan about the threat of an attack by militant group Tehreek-e-Taliban.
Police officials have said that the Pakistani militants had planned to destabilize the growing warmth in bilateral trade relations between the neighbours. In particular, India`s Home Secretary R K Singh is scheduled to visit Pakistan for parleys with his counterpart in Islamabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH