Security beefed up at Wagah Border
Amritsar: Security has been beefed up at the integrated check post (ICP) on the India-Pakistan border at Wagah after the Punjab police received information from Pakistan about the threat of an attack by militant group Tehreek-e-Taliban.
Police officials have said that the Pakistani militants had planned to destabilize the growing warmth in bilateral trade relations between the neighbours. In particular, India`s Home Secretary R K Singh is scheduled to visit Pakistan for parleys with his counterpart in Islamabad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India