Security beefed up for Narendra Modi`s rally in Dehradun
Dehradun: Elaborate security arrangements have been made for BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally here on Sunday with over 600 security personnel to keep a vigil in and around the city.
The rally venue at Parade Ground has been barricaded and CCTV cameras have been installed at strategic points to detect any suspicious movement, IGP Ram Singh Meena told PTI.
Nothing is being left to chance and patrolling has been intensified at all entry and exit points, he said.
Frisking and checking of people have also been stepped up to prevent entry of anti-socials into the city, the IGP said.
Senior police officials from Gujarat are in touch with their Uttarakhand counterparts to review the arrangements, he said.
The BJP state unit is leaving no stone unturned to make the event a success with prominent party leaders organising roadshows to drum up support for the rally.
This will be Modi`s first rally in the hill state after he was named BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Modi had visited the state over five months ago when a natural calamity of unprecedented magnitude hit the state in June leaving lakhs of people, including hundreds of devotees from Gujarat, stranded at the famous Himalayan shrines of Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, also known as char dhams.
He had made an aerial survey of the flood-hit areas of the state but was not allowed to land at any of the affected places for security reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Never do films keeping in mind box office numbers: Aishwarya
- FDI up 16.5% to $2.46 billion in March
- Gold price cracks below Rs 29,000-mark, hits over 3-month low
- Farooq Abdullah caught talking on phone during National Anthem rendition, triggers row
- Waiting movie review: Naseer, Kalki add heft to this homage to humanism