Security breach at IGI: Naked, drunk man enters scaling wall
New Delhi: In a security breach, a naked man, allegedly in an inebriated condition, managed to come near a runway after jumping over the periphery wall of the IGI airport here forcing an aircraft to abort landing.
The incident happened at around 8 pm last evening, when 33-year-old Arun Rai, a resident of Bihar`s Begusarai district, was found near the new runway 29 at a time when an aircraft from Hyderabad was about to land, a senior airport official said.
This forced the air traffic controller to ask the aircraft to abort landing.
Rai was apprehended and was handed over to Delhi Police for interrogation.
At present, he is staying with his brother in Rajnagar locality of Gurgaon. According to sources, police has taken Rai to Gurgaon to ascertain the facts.
Rai, who was allegedly in an inebriated condition at the time of the incident, managed to jump over the periphery wall from Samalakha side of the airport, where a huge mound of earth has accumulated due to ongoing construction work of a drain nearby.
"We had asked the airport authorities to remove that heap of soil, as it gives a vantage point to the people to watch the movement of aircraft but nothing has been done," a senior CISF official said.
"Since it is a sensitive matter, as the airport security has been breached, we are initiating a probe to find out who was responsible," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam