Security breached at Sushilkumar Shinde’s house
New Delhi: In a security breach, scores of
protesters demanding reservation for Jat community on Wednesday barged into the residence of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde here, following which the Delhi Police suspended 13 of its personnel for dereliction of duty.
Protesters under the aegis of Akhil Bhartiya Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti had assembled at Jantar Mantar for the demonstration and in the evening they went to the 2-Krishna Menon Marg residence of Shinde in three buses.
Police did not have any clue about the protesters` intention and was taken by surprise when they landed in front of the Home Minister`s residence.
The protesters tried to storm into Shinde`s residence but security personnel prevented them initially. However, they managed to open the gate by damaging it and reached the courtyard where they staged the sit in.
A senior police official said action was taken against the personnel for dereliction of duty. "They could not anticipate and prevent the protesters from entering Home Minister`s residence," he said.
The protest was led by Yashpal Malik, Satyapal Choudhary, B S Ahlawat, Ummed Singh, Moolchand Dahiya and S Singh Dhaka.
All the protesters were later detained and taken to Tughlaq Road police station.
An official said a case has been registered against the protesters for barging into the residence of the Home Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand