Security breached at Sushilkumar Shinde’s house
New Delhi: In a security breach, scores of
protesters demanding reservation for Jat community on Wednesday barged into the residence of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde here, following which the Delhi Police suspended 13 of its personnel for dereliction of duty.
Protesters under the aegis of Akhil Bhartiya Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti had assembled at Jantar Mantar for the demonstration and in the evening they went to the 2-Krishna Menon Marg residence of Shinde in three buses.
Police did not have any clue about the protesters` intention and was taken by surprise when they landed in front of the Home Minister`s residence.
The protesters tried to storm into Shinde`s residence but security personnel prevented them initially. However, they managed to open the gate by damaging it and reached the courtyard where they staged the sit in.
A senior police official said action was taken against the personnel for dereliction of duty. "They could not anticipate and prevent the protesters from entering Home Minister`s residence," he said.
The protest was led by Yashpal Malik, Satyapal Choudhary, B S Ahlawat, Ummed Singh, Moolchand Dahiya and S Singh Dhaka.
All the protesters were later detained and taken to Tughlaq Road police station.
An official said a case has been registered against the protesters for barging into the residence of the Home Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs