Security drill at Supreme Court
New Delhi: A mock drill was conducted at the
Supreme Court here today to check the preparedness of security
agencies in case of a terror strike at the prominent building.
As part of the drill, a security alarm was raised after
an `unidentified bag` was found at the entry gate of the apex
court, which was followed by mock cross-firing at the exit
gate, a senior police official said.
Various agencies participated in the exercise.
Delhi Police and other security agencies conduct such
mock exercises on a routine basis to check their preparedness
against possible terror strikes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets