Security forces fully alert in festival season: Home Secy
New Delhi: Security agencies are fully alert to foil any attempt by terrorists to disturb peace during ongoing festival season, the government said Monday.
"We are fully alert. All the agencies are on alert," Union Home Secretary RK Singh told reporters here while replying to a question on the security situation in the country.
Sources said the Home Ministry has directed all state governments to deploy additional security forces in crowded and sensitive places, including markets, religious places, railway stations and bus terminals, which could be targets of militants.
About a fortnight ago, the Delhi Police busted a terror module of Indian Mujahideen by arresting three militants who were planning to target the national capital and Bodhgaya during the festival season.
The sources said there have been intelligence reports that some HUJI militants had sneaked into India through India- Bangladesh border recently to create disturbance during the festival season.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living