Security forces fully alert in festival season: Home Secy
New Delhi: Security agencies are fully alert to foil any attempt by terrorists to disturb peace during ongoing festival season, the government said Monday.
"We are fully alert. All the agencies are on alert," Union Home Secretary RK Singh told reporters here while replying to a question on the security situation in the country.
Sources said the Home Ministry has directed all state governments to deploy additional security forces in crowded and sensitive places, including markets, religious places, railway stations and bus terminals, which could be targets of militants.
About a fortnight ago, the Delhi Police busted a terror module of Indian Mujahideen by arresting three militants who were planning to target the national capital and Bodhgaya during the festival season.
The sources said there have been intelligence reports that some HUJI militants had sneaked into India through India- Bangladesh border recently to create disturbance during the festival season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- China says has stopped communication mechanism with Taiwan
- Sultry morning in city
- European leaders to discuss EU future after Brexit shock
- Robert Vadra calls Subramanian Swamy `attention seeking`, `deplorable and classist` over 'waiter' remark
- WhatsApp users now make over 100 million calls everyday!