Security forces fully alert in festival season: Home Secy
New Delhi: Security agencies are fully alert to foil any attempt by terrorists to disturb peace during ongoing festival season, the government said Monday.
"We are fully alert. All the agencies are on alert," Union Home Secretary RK Singh told reporters here while replying to a question on the security situation in the country.
Sources said the Home Ministry has directed all state governments to deploy additional security forces in crowded and sensitive places, including markets, religious places, railway stations and bus terminals, which could be targets of militants.
About a fortnight ago, the Delhi Police busted a terror module of Indian Mujahideen by arresting three militants who were planning to target the national capital and Bodhgaya during the festival season.
The sources said there have been intelligence reports that some HUJI militants had sneaked into India through India- Bangladesh border recently to create disturbance during the festival season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites