Security forces vacate 1,225 buildings in J&K
Jammu: Committed to decreasing the footprint
of security forces in Jammu and Kashmir, the state government
has ensured that the forces have been vacated from 1,225
buildings in the state till date.
"As many as 1,225 buildings including 427 government
buildings have been vacated from occupation of the security
forces in Jammu and Kashmir till date," officials of the state
Home Ministry said here.
Apart from the 427 government buildings, 766 private
houses and 32 hotels were vacated from the occupation of the
security forces, they said.
The officials said 100 government buildings were vacated
in 2010-11, including 39 educational institutes and 8 health
The buildings were vacated by shifting the security
forces to alternate accommodation being constructed in a
phased manner, they said, adding that Jammu and Kashmir
government is committed to lessen the footprint of the
security forces in the state, depending upon the improvement
in the security situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday