Security not provided to Jaipal, alleges Cong
Lucknow: The Congress on Monday alleged that
security was not provided to Union Petroleum Minister Jaipal Reddy during his visit to the state capital.
The protocol was also not followed during the visit of
the Minister to Lucknow this afternoon, Uttar Pradesh Congress
president Rita Bahuguna Joshi alleged.
"Despite being a Union Minister and keeping in mind
the threat to him from naxalites, security was not provided to
him which is unfortunate. The protocol was also not observed,"
When Reddy arrived at the Amausi airport at 1345 hrs,
neither security nor any official vehicle was provided to him,
"We took him in a private car with our own escort to a
hotel instead of the VVIP guest house where no arrangements
were made for the Minister`s stay," she said.
When party leaders called the district officials, they
informed that security was provided to the Minister which was
nowhere to be seen, the UPCC head said.
"This is despite the fact that he is facing threats
and was attacked in Andhra Pradesh recently," she said.
The Union Minister was here to attend a seminar on
Challenges of Communal and Caste Based Politics organised on
the 92nd birth anniversary of late UP Chief Minister Hemwati
"The Minister was not here to attend a function
organised by the Congress, he was here to pay tributes to a
former CM," Joshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof