Security stepped up along Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj: Security has been tightened along the Indo-Nepal border after a high alert was sounded in Uttar Pradesh following the serial blasts in Patna, a senior Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) official said here.
"Sonuali check post and all the border outposts (BOPs) have been kept on high alert. Patrolling in sensitive border areas has been increased to check anti national elements," SSB commandant KS Bankhothi said.
An alert has already been sounded in the state by UP police following yesterday`s serial blasts in Patna, which killed five persons and left 80 others injured.
Sources in the state administration said they were maintaining strict vigil in crowded places, including railway stations, markets and malls and carrying out intensive checks.
"There are various types of inputs that we get and efforts are on to cross-check, verify such inputs and plug the loopholes", officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan