Security stepped up along Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj: Security has been tightened along the Indo-Nepal border after a high alert was sounded in Uttar Pradesh following the serial blasts in Patna, a senior Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) official said here.
"Sonuali check post and all the border outposts (BOPs) have been kept on high alert. Patrolling in sensitive border areas has been increased to check anti national elements," SSB commandant KS Bankhothi said.
An alert has already been sounded in the state by UP police following yesterday`s serial blasts in Patna, which killed five persons and left 80 others injured.
Sources in the state administration said they were maintaining strict vigil in crowded places, including railway stations, markets and malls and carrying out intensive checks.
"There are various types of inputs that we get and efforts are on to cross-check, verify such inputs and plug the loopholes", officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16