Security stepped up along Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj: Security has been tightened along the Indo-Nepal border after a high alert was sounded in Uttar Pradesh following the serial blasts in Patna, a senior Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) official said here.
"Sonuali check post and all the border outposts (BOPs) have been kept on high alert. Patrolling in sensitive border areas has been increased to check anti national elements," SSB commandant KS Bankhothi said.
An alert has already been sounded in the state by UP police following yesterday`s serial blasts in Patna, which killed five persons and left 80 others injured.
Sources in the state administration said they were maintaining strict vigil in crowded places, including railway stations, markets and malls and carrying out intensive checks.
"There are various types of inputs that we get and efforts are on to cross-check, verify such inputs and plug the loopholes", officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand