Security stepped up along Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj: Security has been tightened along the Indo-Nepal border after a high alert was sounded in Uttar Pradesh following the serial blasts in Patna, a senior Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) official said here.
"Sonuali check post and all the border outposts (BOPs) have been kept on high alert. Patrolling in sensitive border areas has been increased to check anti national elements," SSB commandant KS Bankhothi said.
An alert has already been sounded in the state by UP police following yesterday`s serial blasts in Patna, which killed five persons and left 80 others injured.
Sources in the state administration said they were maintaining strict vigil in crowded places, including railway stations, markets and malls and carrying out intensive checks.
"There are various types of inputs that we get and efforts are on to cross-check, verify such inputs and plug the loopholes", officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you