Security stepped up at Taj Mahal complex
Agra: Uttar Pradesh Wednesday stepped up security in and around the Taj Mahal complex in Agra and ordered strict monitoring of visitors, a top official said here Wednesday.
In a review meeting at the circuit house here, Additional Director General of Police (ADG) Rajnikant Mishra said no leniency or complacency could be permitted relating to frisking and security checks of visitors entering the monument.
Proper coordination between the state police and the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) was necessary, he added.
The auto drivers and others should be properly screened and their identity cards checked regularly to keep a tab on their records, Mishra said.
The ADG issued instructions for installation of cameras and expansion of parking areas to accommodate more vehicles. Mishra said the local police should ensure there were no unauthorised constructions or encroachments in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security