Security stepped up at Taj Mahal complex
Agra: Uttar Pradesh Wednesday stepped up security in and around the Taj Mahal complex in Agra and ordered strict monitoring of visitors, a top official said here Wednesday.
In a review meeting at the circuit house here, Additional Director General of Police (ADG) Rajnikant Mishra said no leniency or complacency could be permitted relating to frisking and security checks of visitors entering the monument.
Proper coordination between the state police and the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) was necessary, he added.
The auto drivers and others should be properly screened and their identity cards checked regularly to keep a tab on their records, Mishra said.
The ADG issued instructions for installation of cameras and expansion of parking areas to accommodate more vehicles. Mishra said the local police should ensure there were no unauthorised constructions or encroachments in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH