Security stepped up at Taj Mahal complex
Agra: Uttar Pradesh Wednesday stepped up security in and around the Taj Mahal complex in Agra and ordered strict monitoring of visitors, a top official said here Wednesday.
In a review meeting at the circuit house here, Additional Director General of Police (ADG) Rajnikant Mishra said no leniency or complacency could be permitted relating to frisking and security checks of visitors entering the monument.
Proper coordination between the state police and the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) was necessary, he added.
The auto drivers and others should be properly screened and their identity cards checked regularly to keep a tab on their records, Mishra said.
The ADG issued instructions for installation of cameras and expansion of parking areas to accommodate more vehicles. Mishra said the local police should ensure there were no unauthorised constructions or encroachments in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details