Security tight in Guj as woman claims seeing Pak terrorists
Anand/Ahmedabad: Security has been beefed up
across Gujarat as a precautionary measure after a woman
claimed that she had seen the three Pakistani terrorists,
who had escaped from Delhi on Friday, at a temple in Dakor
town of Kheda district.
Gujarat Director General of Police S S Khandwawala
said all police stations have been alerted following the
information given by the woman who hails from Ahmedabad.
"We have sent photographs of the three Pakistani
terrorists to police stations across the state and operations
have been initiated to find the men," he said and praised the
woman for showing courage by informing the police.
According to police, the woman had visited the
Ranchodraiji temple in Dakor yesterday when she saw three
persons who seemed different from the regular crowd.
Later, back at Ahmedabad she saw the pictures of the
three on television and immediately informed the police and
gave them details of the people she had seen, police added.
Abdul Razzak, Mohammed Sadiq and Rafaqat Ali, who were
arrested in connection with blasts near the Red Fort nine
years ago and were to be deported to Pakistan as they had
completed their jail term, escaped on January 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?