Security tightened in Delhi after Hyderabad blasts
New Delhi: Security was stepped up in the national capital, especially at crowded areas like India Gate and railway stations, on Thursday in the wake of the serial blasts in Hyderabad.
A senior Delhi Police official said its personnel have been alerted and they were keeping a tight vigil on the city.
"We are always on alert. There is nothing to panic. All districts and railways have been alerted, especially India Gate and other vulnerable areas," the official said.
At least three powerful blasts rocked the busy commercial hub of Hyderabad close to a crowded bus stand at Dilsukhnagar this evening claiming at least 10 lives.
The blasts took place during the peak hours outside a roadside eatery near Konark cinema theatre in the locality resulting in a stampede-like situation with people trying to run for safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row