Sedition charge against Aseem Trivedi dropped
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Friday dropped sedition charges against cartoonist Aseem Trivedi, who is currently in taking part as a contestant in reality show Bigg Boss 6.
The state government decision was communicated to the Bombay High Court by the Advocate General.
However, Trivedi would have to now be chargesheeted for dishonouring the national symbols, emblem and Parliament.
The 25-year-old cartoonist was arrested in September this year for allegedly depicting the national symbols in poor light in his cartoons. He was later granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- Chennai Infosys employee murder: High-resolution image of suspect released
- A little butter a day may not harm your heart
- WATCH: What a grab! Eng vs SL - Danushka Gunathilaka pulls off unreal catch
- Indian money in Swiss banks drops by one-third to Rs 8,392 crore
- 'Kriti' makers to file defamation suit against Nepali filmmaker