Sedition charge against Aseem Trivedi dropped
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Friday dropped sedition charges against cartoonist Aseem Trivedi, who is currently in taking part as a contestant in reality show Bigg Boss 6.
The state government decision was communicated to the Bombay High Court by the Advocate General.
However, Trivedi would have to now be chargesheeted for dishonouring the national symbols, emblem and Parliament.
The 25-year-old cartoonist was arrested in September this year for allegedly depicting the national symbols in poor light in his cartoons. He was later granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani