Sedition charge against Aseem Trivedi dropped
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government on Friday dropped sedition charges against cartoonist Aseem Trivedi, who is currently in taking part as a contestant in reality show Bigg Boss 6.
The state government decision was communicated to the Bombay High Court by the Advocate General.
However, Trivedi would have to now be chargesheeted for dishonouring the national symbols, emblem and Parliament.
The 25-year-old cartoonist was arrested in September this year for allegedly depicting the national symbols in poor light in his cartoons. He was later granted bail.
- Indian Premier League 2016: Gujarat Lions vs Delhi Daredevils - Preview
- Rahul Gandhi turns `singham` in Gorakhpur - Click to see Congress poster
- Nitish Kumar should be next PM of India with Arvind Kejriwal as Deputy PM, says Markandey Katju
- LeEco's Le 1s top-selling smartphone in online sales: Report
- Indian Premier League 2014: New KXIP skipper Murali Vijay hails Axar Patel's hat-trick as 'incredible' performance